I grew up outside of Cleveland, Ohio and studied Early Childhood Education at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Shortly after graduating, I moved to north Texas and began teaching in Plano. I taught third grade in Plano for seven years. While teaching, I enjoyed serving as a team leader, teaching summer school, writing district curriculum, and presenting inservices to other teachers. My husband and I live in McKinney with our three year old son, James and chocolate lab, Addison. In addition to teaching, I love photography, reading, and baseball.
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education, University of Miami
- ESL Endorsement
- Gifted and Talented Certification
- 3rd Grade Teacher, 7 years
- Curriculum Writer for PISD
- Beginning Teacher of the Year, 2007
- Hughston Elementary Teacher of the Year, 2013