I have always loved teaching. There’s nothing better than instilling a love of learning in a child.
After starting my career in Plano thirty-one years ago, I recently retired from my role as Elementary Social Studies Coordinator for Plano ISD. During my career in Plano, I served in many roles. Prior to my last position, I taught Kindergarten through fifth grades at various elementary schools. For seventeen years I was an elementary gifted specialist (PACE teacher). I also worked as an instructional specialist and coach. I’ve written curriculum, presented on a variety of topics at the campus, district, regional, and state levels. I’ve served on a plethora of committees including textbook adoption, gifted advisory, district improvement councils, and leadership groups. I also write curriculum and present for Law Related Education a Department of the State Bar of Texas. In addition to teaching, I love photography, exercising, reading, and above all, learning new things!!!
My favorite quote is: “It’s your attitude not your aptitude that determines your altitude.”
Currently I live in McKinney with my husband, Mark, and precious puppies, Muffin and Charlie. I have four daughters, two of which graduated from Plano schools, and four amazing grandchildren!!
- B.S. from University of North Texas, Minor in Mathematics
- Masters in GT Education
- Gifted and Talented Certification
- 2011 – 2016: Elementary Social Studies Coordinator, Plano I.S.D.
- 2016 – Trainer for Teacher Created Materials
- 2015 – Present: Trainer for Mind Missions Instructional Materials
- 2014 – Present: Curriculum writer and presenter for Law-Related Education (sponsored by the State Bar of Texas)
- 2009 – 2011: Elementary Curriculum Specialist, Plano I.S.D.
- 1994 – 2009: Hughston Elementary, Plano – Gifted Specialist K-5
- Summer 1995: Gifted Students Institute (SMU), Dallas – taught gifted math strategies
- 1992 – 1997: Summer Institute for Gifted (SIGS), Plano I.S.D. – teacher (computer programming)
- 1992 – 1994: Rasor Elementary, Plano I.S.D. – fourth grade teacher and grade level GT teacher
- Spring of 1992: Wells Elementary, Plano I.S.D. – fourth grade teacher
- 1985 – 1990: Jackson Elementary, Plano I.S.D. – fourth grade teacher (1985-89), third grade GT (1989-90)
- 2009 KLAK Radio Station Teacher of the Month
- 2008 Who’s Who Among American Teachers
- 2007 HEB Excellence in Teaching nominee
- 2004 Hughston Elementary Teacher of the Year
- 2002 Who’s Who Among American Teachers
- 2001 Advocate of the Gifted – Region X nominee
- 1995 OM and DI team coach/sponsor – Global (4 years), State (12 years) ’95 – ‘08
- 1986 Jackson Elementary First Year Teacher of the Year