I have loved teaching since I was a child who instructed her dolls, neighborhood kids, and any slightly interested adults! Not until I became schooled in gifted education coursework did I realize my true passion. I loved my G/T job, my district, my coworkers and our supervisor’s wisdom. Every population of students, from the learning disabled to the gifted, has been beloved life’s work. I personally like to do research, and I love to get students interested in it; so I wrote a Research Projects training model for grades K-5 based on my own findings and reliable sources.
I was born and brought up in Freeport, TX and attended the same district from K-12 in which I had taught for 28 years. I enjoy water aerobics, gardening and design work, and calligraphy. I like to keep up with all current state and national politics that I can stand, but thankfully much of my time is spent with our grandchildren!
My husband, Jack, and I have been married for 49 years. We have 2 adult children, Marla and Matt. Our daughter, Marla, an artist with a Master’s in Fine Arts, teaches at the college level. Our son, Matt, is president of a company which builds and sells huge metal shredding machines. He is an Aggie with an engineering degree and Masters in Business. We have 6 grandchildren, 3 for each family, ranging in age from 3 to 11 years old. One family lives in Plano and the other lives in Allen. Family times are our best times!
- B.S., Texas State University
- Masters in Gifted Education, University of Houston, Clear Lake
- GT Certification, University of St. Thomas, Houston
- Attended and Presented workshops, Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented (TAGT)
- Classroom G/T Teacher, 5th grade, and Traveling G/T Teacher, 1st-3rd, 2002
- Taught GED Coursework for Brazosport College, Summers 1999-2002
- Traveling Teacher for district to elicit gifted behaviors in kindergartners, 1999
- District Curriculum Writer, 1995-1997
- Classroom G/T and Traveling G/T Teacher, 1st-5th, 1984
- Director of Christian Education, First Presbyterian Church, Lake Jackson, Texas, 1974-1975
- Classroom Teacher, 4th-6th, El Paso, Texas, 1969-1971
- Classroom Teacher, 3rd, Midland, Texas, 1967-1968
- Member and President, Alpha Delta Kappa Honorary Sorority of Women Educators, 25 years
- Chairperson, Gifted Education Teachers Department